Monday, January 31, 2011

Elyse, start to finish

 THE WIND WAS LIKE MUSIC IN HER HAIR (acrylic on wood panel 2011)

Hey, I thought it might be interesting to document the progression of this piece from start to finish, it is one of 3 paintings to be done from a photo that had been taken by myself for my issues of representation class.  The piece i believe is 18x24 acrylic on wood panel.  have been working on it for more than a week now, I'd say about a total of 20 hours including breaks.















6 comments:

  1. Wow... so many layers!! It's neat to see the process. I wish I could see you painting irl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well 2 more to go. maybe i will get really fancy to record a time lapse... MAYBE

    ReplyDelete
  3. so awesome mike! really well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing! Well, you heard what I thought in critique, but yeah, I am so jealous of people who can render stuff realistically. It's a good skill to have. I just love, love, love her pink hair! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks claire! yea i am pretty happy with this one too... i havent been sure for awhile that i had really been learning anything at school... but i definitely could not have painted this a year or 2 ago so i am pretty excited... all my debt is not for NOTHING lol.
    I envy people who can do nice abstract stuff lol i honestly had such a hard time with that its not even funny

    ReplyDelete