Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Because I felt like it

School has been out for a week or 2 now, and i have about another week or two until summer school starts. Not producing art makes me feel awful so i have been trying to stay motivated, this stuff has no "concept" but you know what? sometimes i just feel like making something JUST BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE IT.
I got my first ever rejection letter yesterday from the Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibit, I didn't get in.  Oh well, there is always next year. So to celebrate my first rejection letter and to celebrate/survive the Canada Election Results I decided to get drunk...  I never get drunk... and I painted this Oil of RAJA.  He won Rupaul's drag race, which is one of my favourite shows, and used to be on America's next top model as a makeup artist (my other favourite show)
 
did this on a salvaged canvas so not sure how big.. like 3-4 feet tall i'd say

 
I posted this image at an earlier point of its evolution a post or 2 back, decided to sew details onto the painting and then sew the entire piece to a polychromatic screen printed piece of linen.


 
Hydrolines sewn into polychromatic screen printed fabric.  Awhile back boy taught me how to polychromatic screen print on fabric, and I had some scraps left over from previous school projects, and decided to make something of it.

 
a tall ship sewn into polychromatic screen printed fabric.


1 comment:

  1. Your portraiture is absolutely fantastic! And I wish I could sew as well as you! Hope you enjoyed the grad show too and got to see some of it! :P

    ReplyDelete