Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Life painting class

I took a life painting class with Peter Mah last semester, it was pretty good, we never had homework, as it was all in class painting from life models.  I have only ever done a couple other oil paintings before, so this was really useful in helping me figure them out. I'm excited to try more oil painting, but with more exciting subject matter.
 
this was my final piece for the class, we had multiple sittings, I am the most pleased with this one.   I think this is like... 36x48


 
this was the first week ... i dont hate it, but i will probably be painting over this. 30x40

 
I think i have lost my image for the second piece... this was week 3 i think. 30x40 meh... again i dont HATE it, but its not too exciting for me.
This one came next.  I think at this point I am figuring stuff out better, may try to figure out what to do to this so that its more interesting. 36x48

 
this was the second last model, I like this painting, all the chest hair painted with a really big brush was a bit frustrating for me... but its a learning experience. 30x40

No comments:

Post a Comment