Wednesday, June 29, 2011

death of the nic nac

 
Growing up there were always alot of nic nacs in our home, this has carried over into my own home.  I still cherish many of my kitchy childhood porcelain figures, though many are broken.  This series represents desires for lost childhood, and depicts the injuries of porcelain comrades .  Acrylic and woodstain 

This deer is from my grandparents house, my estranged cat Windekinde broke its neck

This is drimble the hedgehog, I bought him already broken cause i felt bad for the little guy

 
This one is also from my grandparents' house and suffered from decapitation... I have named it ISADORA after isadora duncan who died when her billowing scarf got caught in her car's back tire and snapped her neck

 I have two of these tiny porcelain kittens, one with a broken tail, one fortunate enough to be in good condition
 
This guy i bought with a busted ear to keep the alien deer company
  
This poor little guy has his tail busted

 
A squirrel's worst nightmare, losing it's tail.

No comments:

Post a Comment